Zagreb Public Transport system is very affordable, reliable, and you can get everywhere. The Zagreb Electric Tram Company operates 15 tram routes with 277 trams and 410 buses.
TIP: MOST OF ZAGREB CAN BE TRAVELLED IN 30 MINUTES BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT. THE CHEAPEST TICKET SHOULD BE ENOUGH. IF YOU WANT TO BE SAFE, YOU CAN PURCHASE 2, 30 MINUTE TICKETS.
FREE RIDES ON ZAGREB MINI-TRAIN!
Zagreb Public Transport is run by Zagreb Electric Tram Company. It would be hard to imagine transport without trams. They have been operating safely through Zagreb for more than a century.
The public transportation in Zagreb is reliable, punctual, and you can get everywhere.
In Zagreb, trams, Zagreb funicular and busses can be accessed with the same ticket. All you need to know is how long your trip will take. You can get almost anywhere in Zagreb within 30 minutes, but to be safe we recommend buying 2 single 30-minute tickets.
Trams are the best way to get around Zagreb. Zagreb Electric Tram Company operates 15 routes and 277 trams, of which 143 are low-floor trams in Zagreb.
Zagreb bus service runs on 143 daytime and four-night lines. It connects neighbourhoods without tram lines and Zagreb with Velika Gorica, Zaprešić and municipalities of Bistra, Luka, Stupnik and Klinča Sela.
Zagreb Free Mini-Train
Recommended for all, but especially families. The free service is available during weekends from 10 AM to 7:20 PM.
The family train runs through the centre of the city. It is leaving every 40 minutes from Ban Josip Jelačić Square.
Zagreb Public Transport Maps and Route Planner
Go to Route Planner for a detailed itinerary!
What are you allowed to bring on public transportation?
- Dogs can travel with a single ticket, except for guide dogs which can ride for free.
- You can carry hand luggage, baby strollers, wheelchairs and some sporting equipment, the main thing is it must not endanger the safety of other passengers. For example skis or other personal belongings that can be held in the passenger’s hands or lap, is free of charge.
- Personal belongings carried on board the vehicle may not exceed 80x50x40 cm in size or weigh more than 30 kg.
- You must purchase a ticket for hand luggage which takes up space:
- during daytime buy a 90-minute Single Fare ticket which costs 10 HRK
- nighttime fare (from 12 AM to 4 AM) costs 15 HRK
- Bicycles are not allowed within Trams and Public Buses. Some lines have bicycle carry-ons.
Where can you buy tickets for Zagreb Public Transport?
Tickets can be purchased at all newsstands and at the driver within vehicles. Please be aware that only Single Fare tickets (15 HRK) can be purchased with the driver within vehicles.
Zagreb Public Transport is free with ZagrebCard.
You can purchase Multiday Public Transport tickets, but ZagrebCard is cheaper and you will get more benefits.
Where to validate your tickets?
Most trams and busses have validation machines only at the first (driver) entrance. Only the new low trams have validation machines at the first and last entrance.
Zagreb Public Transport Tickets and Prices
Zagreb Public Transport tickets are the same for electric trams and public buses. They are organised by travel time. On the other hand, the night time tickets are valid per journey.
Daytime lines 5:00-23:30
- Single Fare ticket – 15 HRK.
- 90 minutes single fare ticket – 10 HRK.
- 60 minutes single fare ticket – 7 HRK.
- 30 minutes single fare ticket – 4 HRK.
Only Single fare tickets can be purchased within vehicles!
Zagreb Funicular ticket costs 5 HRK per way.
Night lines 24:00-4:00
- Night ticket costs – 15 HRK.
Rent a Tram
If you are interested you can rent special rides on trams and other vehicles intended for tourists.
The interior and exterior can be adapted to suit every occasion.