Zagreb Airport Franjo Tuđman
Zagreb Airport Franjo Tuđman is located 15 km from Zagreb. It is served by main international airlines and is just 3 hours away from the main European capitals. It offers FREE WiFi!
TIP: NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE TERMINAL BUILDING. THE AIRPORT OFFERS FREE WIFI!
Zagreb Airport Franjo Tuđman is the largest airport in Croatia. Recently renovated, in March 2017, with the cost of 236 million Euro the airport now has a capacity of 5.5 million passengers. For their investment ZAIC (Aeroports de Paris) consortium received a 30-year concession.
Zagreb new terminal stretches over 65.800 square meters on three levels. Featuring:
- 8 air bridges
- 9 security checkpoints
- 30 check-in desks
- 23 passport control booths
- 500 square meter duty-free shop
- 16 cafés, bars, restaurants and snack bars
- Rent a car service
- Currency exchange and ATMs
- Parking with a capacity of 1.100 vehicles
There is additional space for 30 check-in counters and 2 baggage carousels which will be added once the terminal reaches its capacity.
Zagreb Airport arrival and departure times
Real-time flight information is available on the following links. You can also contact the airline directly!
View Zagreb Airport Arrivals – View Zagreb Airport Departures
What can you see and do at Zagreb Airport?
At the airport, you can do a little bit of tax-free shopping, dinner and drinks before or after your flight.
The large Aelia duty-free shop offers more than 9000 brands. International brands like Chanel, Dior, Hermes, YSL, Guerlain and Croatian brands Natura, Aura, Bioaromatika, Stella Mediterranea and Kraš.
The airport offers free WiFi and a baggage wrapping service for 10 EUR per bag.
Free Airport WI-FI – Network name “Zagreb_Airport_Free”
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the Terminal. In all public areas and aircraft gate lounges.
Connect to Zagreb_Airport_Free network and follow the instructions.
Hotels near Zagreb Airport
- Best Western Hotel Stella 3*, just 5-minute drive from the airport.
- Dream Hotel 3*, offering free shuttle transfers to and from the airport.
- Garden Hill Hotel 4*, the newest and luxurious hotel near the airport.
- Hotel Pleso 4*, closest hotel to Zagreb Airport with free shuttle transfer.
- Hotel Aristos 4*, a 10-minute drive from the airport, it offers free use of a spa centre, gym and business centre.
For an in-depth comparison please read our article on Zagreb Airport Hotels.
If you need help getting to or from the airport, please read our guide How to get to and from Zagreb Airport Franjo Tuđman.
Zagreb Airport Check-In and Connecting times. When should you be at the airport?
- For domestic flights check in (flights within Croatia) you must arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight.
- For international flights, you must arrive at least 120 minutes before your flight.
Minimum connecting time at Zagreb Airport is 40 minutes.
Zagreb Airport is open 24/7.
Zagreb Airport Parking, Pick Up and Drop Off
- Up to 10 min – free
- Buses up to 30 min – free
Pick Up Public Car Park
- Up to 1 hr – 27 HRK
- Up to 24 hr – 150 HRK
Drop Off, Arrival Pick-up & Premium Parking
- Up to 29 min – 27 HRK
- Up to 59 min – 54 HRK
Maximum parking for drop off is 59 minutes. Stay longer and you will get a fine of 150 HRK and you risk the Police removing your car.
Rudolfa Fizira 1
Phone outside Croatia
Phone in Croatia
Lost and Found
Airport is open 24/7
90 min – domestic flights
120 min – international flight
No baggage storage
Up to 10 min – free
Buses up to 30 min – free
Up to 1 hr – 27 HRK
Up to 24 hr – 150 HRK
Up to 29 min – 27 HRK
Up to 59 min – 54 HRK